Monday, November 16, 2009

I have dry long bi-racial hair and want to dye and put some highlights in it. Would this damage it b

I have long dark brown hair and I am very bored with it. I have always wanted to put a little color in it, but have always been afraid of damaging it even more. I had a relaxer several years ago. It is naturally curly but I flat iron it to keep it straight. Being that I am white and a quarter black it has two different textures to it. I'd like to dye it a deep chocolate brown with caramel or golden brown highlights and also add some long side bangs. How can I keep it from drying out and breaking off?? I pasted a link to a pic of me, so you can see my type of hair. Thanx so much!



http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd245...



I have dry long bi-racial hair and want to dye and put some highlights in it. Would this damage it badly?

You just wanted us to see how pretty you are. j/k. I would definitely get the first dye job professionally. I wouldn't attempt this myself.



As for the dryness. Wash your hair and then saturate it with Olive Oil. (Yes the stuff used for cooking) Put on a plastic cap and wrap a towel around your head so that it soaks in. Then wash the olive oil out. I would do this at least twice a month. And always use a wide tooth comb on your hair



I have dry long bi-racial hair and want to dye and put some highlights in it. Would this damage it badly?

If your hair is already dry and damaged from heat, hair color is only gonna make it even more dry and damaged. Before you color your hair, try to make your hair healthier. For starters, if you straighten your hair, use a heat protectant and deep condition once a week or every 2 weeks to try to keep your hair moisturized. Once your hair gets healthier, it should be able to handle color.



Hope that helped!!



I have dry long bi-racial hair and want to dye and put some highlights in it. Would this damage it badly?

I suggest using protecting shampoos and conditioners. As long as use the right products on your hair, it should pretty much be okay. but coloring your hair and straightening your hair arent exactly healthy, so keep your hair moistureized

No comments:

Post a Comment